So most of the day was not actually that bad.
I started out with an amazing workout (me...the living room....the i-pod...pretending like I'm back at good ol' Gold's Gym teaching a class (aka talking, yelling, and encouraging myself while my children (who are so used to it) completely ignore me in the other room and pretend like their mother is not a crazy psycho woman who is yelling at herself to work harder, etc))). I got SOOOOO sweaty. It was great.
Anyway....the day goes on.
I put the kids down for their naps and sat down at the computer to pull all of my resources together (aka coupons/lists/weekly circulars/etc) for today's afternoon shopping expedition when the unthinkable happens.
While wrapped up in flustered couponing bliss, a window pops up to tell me that my virus detector (or so I thought) has just detected several MAJOR viruses in my system to which immediate action is needed. At this point I am A. ANNOYED (Why now?) B. AFRAID (OH MY GOSH! What if one of them ruins my computer and all my pictures get lost) C. STUPID (yep, stupid). So without looking very closely (if I would have looked closer I would have realized that I didn't have that version of the virus detector), I click on the button that says something like "scan computer for more viruses." All of a sudden the computer goes berserk. 22 viruses are now detected and I now have to purchase the extended version of the software in order to get rid of them. Windows with flashing red lights keep popping up and I am in full PANIC mode now. Neither of my internet browsers would work (saying they were in EMERGENCY mode). It was totally freaky. I almost bought the dang (so called) software I was so panicked.
Luckily, better judgment prevailed and I called in reinforcements. MY BROTHER! Thank goodness for HIM!!! (Thank you, thank you, thank you Josh!!!!!!!!)
He stuck with my through thick and thin (bad cell phone reception, screaming kids, swiss cheese brain and deaf ears, and computer savvy retardedness) and 1.5 hours later we had the problem resolved. HALLELUJAH!
Apparently I had actually put the virus on my computer by clicking the "scan computer for more viruses button." UGH! I'll never do that again. They (whoever those awful creatures are) totally prey on us ANXIETY ridden folks. BIG JERKS!
Needless to say...it was pretty stressful (thank goodness for medication) and my shopping expedition was put on hold because I had to prepare for a Stake Relief Society function.
After being spiritually fed for 2 hours I finally got to go shopping.
AND TOTALLY SCORED!
I am trying to get back into major couponing because it saved me A LOT of money. And today...it totally payed off.
Now...I don't claim to come up with these ides on my own. I used to but now there are SO MANY websites to parasite from that I don't usually bother to use own brain. (If you want to know which websites I use, check out my other blog by clicking here or click on the picture (of food) on the side bar.)
At Albertsons I scored 10- 42 oz quaker old fashioned oats, 2 Campbell's select Harvest soups, on Ronzoni pasta, and Oscar Meyer Carving Board meats....
When all was said and done (coupons, catalinas, etc) I ended up MAKING...yes I said, MAKING MONEY! $1.33 cents to be exact!
The oats came from a scenario idea I got here (by using a rain check from last weeks sales AND this weeks doublers). The other item ideas I got from this blog. (If you live in the PNW these are both AMAZING websites for Albertsons and Safeway sales.)
Then I headed over to Rite Aid and, even though they were out of what I went for, I majorly scored anyway...
I got these 5 Dreyer's ice cream cartons and a can of Pringles for:
$16.45
-$15.00 +UP points
= like paying $1.45 for all. That's just $ .24cents each.
Now...I didn't get this idea from any website. It was actually from the store clerk. She was using it as an example while she was explaining the +UP reward point system to me. Totally awesome NO?
Alright....enough!
NO MORE BRAG-A-BLOG!
I was just really excited about my "finds" after a pretty stressful afternoon. :)
-$15.00 +UP points
= like paying $1.45 for all. That's just $ .24cents each.
Now...I didn't get this idea from any website. It was actually from the store clerk. She was using it as an example while she was explaining the +UP reward point system to me. Totally awesome NO?
Alright....enough!
NO MORE BRAG-A-BLOG!
I was just really excited about my "finds" after a pretty stressful afternoon. :)
8 comments:
eeks!! That's crazy! I'm glad your brother was able to help you get it fixed!! :)
Good job on the sales/couponing!! I need to learn.
I like the playdough glasses ;) I think you should wear them all the time!! :)
I need a class on couponing or something. It just seems like a lot of work that I'm not really sure I have the time for it. Wanna teach me?
I love those kind of deals too. It seems they have more of them in the PNW than here in UT. Maybe its cause we have a lot of stock-up freaks here!
well, those deals sound awesome. WE just had a R.S. on couponing, but It kinda overwhelmed me. I use coupons when they come my way but haven't gotten any more intense than that. I'll have to go to a couple of your sites...
I am so impressed with your shopping skills. Nothing like a good steal at the store to make you feel like you're mastering this cheif house officer thing.
Just so you know, I think that it is awesome that you yell at yourself to push harder when you are working out. That rocks. I almost feel like yelling at myself but just can't yell it at myself. :) Plus your kids probably learn to not wimp out just cause it hurts with an example like that.
So in theory, I would love to coupon but it is a stigma to me because I don't want to buy things that I won't use even if it is free. And I don't want to eat junk food because I got it for a good price but oatmeal.. that is good. Do you feel you just get junk sometimes or do you just buy what is useful to you?
No bragging done Melanie. That is just awesome. I need to learn couponing, I just lack the fous and patience. But that shouldn't be anexcuse!! AWESOME deals!!
how in the world do you do that?! We have albertsons AND safeway here in AZ. I am so going to your other blog in hopes for a tutorial on MAKING money while grocery shopping. Seriously? Quite impressive Mel...nicely done!!!
Post a Comment