Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Today was gonna' be...

Today was gonna' be a good eating day.

It started out really well with a bowl of oatmeal.

About 260 calories worth (with milk and sugar). NOT BAD!

Then I headed out, by myself (thank you Rob and Presidents Day), to do a bit of couponing at Walgreens and Rite Aid. By MYSELF....that's a big deal.

It really was easy at first (thanks to my new semi-organized system) but let me tell you.... Couponing is not as "blissful" as some people make it out to be.

It can be down right FRUSTRATING at times.

Especially when you spend "much needed sleep time" planning out said shopping trip only to get to the store and have some of the items on your carefully orchestrated list not available. Then you have to scramble and fumble through thousands of items, hundreds of coupons, and one incredible husband who you call on the cell phone and he patiently looks up some things for you on the internet so you can complete your "Buy $100 worth of qualifying items and get $20 back" at Rite Aid before 2/26/2011.

You then get off the phone and wander around the store aimlessly...close to tears...because your mind is so scrambled and there are loose coupons falling on the floor and the only thing that keeps you from running out of the store and driving home so you can regroup and come back tomorrow is the thought that if you do come back tomorrow you will have to bring three kids in tote and STILL not know exactly what you are going to buy to get the said total above.

It was downright stressful. But...I did it. I got my $20 coupon. And it's a darn good thing, too. (They really should make medicine to deal with this kind of stuff. Oh yeah...they do, and I am already taking it....he he).

Anyway....to continue with my original story....

I got home and began putting my purchases away. Halfway through, Rob reminds me that I now have to scan the items (because I joined the National Consumer Panel...wasn't that a great idea....NOT!) and put in the purchase totals....and and and and and....

The crazy morning got the better of me.

I started to eat whatever I could grab.

Long story short......

I ate 3 handfuls of potato chips (which I don't normally buy...for that reason...but were one of the "consolation purchases" to help me reach my $100) and 4 large oatmeal cookies that I made for dessert last night. I did top it off with a glass of milk (calcium at least).

So much for a good eating day.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

i'll join you with my zip's burger and bucket o' fries today (of course, i shared the bucket with the kids, but still...). and yes, i feel your couponing pain. been there. not fun. but hey, 20 bucks!! way to stick it out.

jess (mumbo designs) said...

TOTALLY understand. It is seriously the worst when you spend two hours making a list and clipping coupons, just for them to run out of an item. I always go to Rite Aid at 8:00 when they open on Monday (yep, usually in my pj's) so that I have the best chance at getting stuff. I have one more trip to Rite Aid before I make it to my $100. And I didn't make it yesterday...let's hope they still have what I need!

Celeste said...

Dang I had stressful days! Bad food has been plaguing me lately! I can't seem to loose this last 10 pounds! Oh, well it could be 50 pounds right ;)