Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane......don't know when I'll be back again.

So I am not actually leaving on a jet plane.......it's a run down Nissan Altima that we just forked $1300 bucks into. And........I do know when I will be back. Sunday afternoon. But......the point is I AM LEAVING!

Rob and I are going away on our very first "getaway" since chico #1 graced us with he presence. We are going to a job fair in Kennewick (about 2 hours away). Yipee. Grandma Gillespie offered to watch the kids for us. My mother also offered to fly up this last week and watch the kids for a night while we went away as well. Do you think it's a sign? Is it that obvious that I am in desperate need of a break? YES! What would we do without our wonderful mothers?

I'm all giddy and nervous at the same time. And VERY........VERY EXCITED.

So in case our regular readers are wondering......NO, Rob did not get the job in Irvine. Total bummer. They told us that they actually liked him better than the winning candidate but they decided to hire the other because he is already a licensed CPA (so they wont have to pay for him to obtain it) and he has a bit of "Internal Audit" experience that Rob doesn't have. At least it was a boost of confidence for Rob. "They like me, they actually like me"..........A LOT!


On to the next interview..................


So......I'll let you know how the weekend goes. If I come back that is! :) Just kidding......I'm TOTALLY just kidding (maybe).

5 comments:

Natalie J said...

Have a great weekend without the kids. We are getting away for a weekend in 2 weeks, without the kiddos. I am probably a little more anxious about it than you are, but still excited. We are going to sunny St. George with some friends.

The Larsen Gang said...

Have fun you two...you both deserve a break.

Candle Ends said...

I think your font broke. You might want to fix that when you get home.

Terra and Phil said...

Sorry to hear Rob didn't get the job. It's a very competitive market out there, as if you didn't know it already. I'm totally bummed out for you guys. Good luck on your trip to the Tri-Cities. -Philip

Kristin said...

You'll have a great time and maybe even love your kids when you get back!!

Jared wants me to tell you that you are very lucky, he is a WA cazy he loves kennewick!! anyways i hope the job fair goes well.