Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

HE IS RISEN!...........

...."He is risen indeed."

This has been a family tradition for many generations. Started with my great-grandma Morley.

We get a call each Easter morning (from my mother). After saying "Hello?" we hear, "He is risen" and the reply is supposed to be, "He is risen indeed!"

It's something we look forward to each year. Rob used to think in was weird but now he loves it. He thinks it's very funny.

This year, however, since we are AT my mothers house, we will not be getting the call.

SAD!

Don't be surprised if I end up calling YOU tomorrow morning. I may just have a hankering to spread some Easter morning cheer.

In the midst of all the commercialism (Easter egg hunts, pricey spring dresses (and accessories), and ridiculous "Easter" gifts)....don't forget to stop and think (and teach your children)about why it is we REALLY celebrate this day.

It is because of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. He was resurrected so that we may be also. He paid the price for our sins so that we can be forgiven them. THAT is what this is all about. A renewal.........a new beginning..............an EVERLASTING LIFE!

Happy Easter Everyone!

3 comments:

Julie said...

He is Risen Indeed. Happy Easter Melanie!

Whitney said...

that is kidna funny about your tradition, but good:)

Stinebaugh Family said...

I hope you guys had a good Easter. How was the trip to Utah? I need to get your address to send you an invitation. My e-mail is abstinebaugh@gmail.com. Travle safe!!