Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Here one day (actually 2 1/2).....gone tomorrow!

Weekend away...................SUCCESS! Oh.....and the job fair was a success as well.

Sunshine, shopping, children-less conference listening (3 sessions worth), time to talk without being interrupted, no crying (unless you count Rob and I during Pres. Monson's Sunday morning talk), no diapers, no dishes, no cooking, no cleaning........ seriously awesome!

We did not, however, get to go to the temple. I forgot to bring a dress (thinking.....we don't have to go to church this weekend). I shopped for 2-3 hours for one......came up with nothing (unless you count the $80 dress we can't afford) and decided to give up the search. It was quite hillarious when I showed up at the stake center for conference on Saturday morning in jeans. A sweet older man sitting next to us must have thought I was a "golden" investigator. He practically tackled us on the way out (okay, not really). I'm sure he was quite disappointed when he realized we were already members.......just forgetful ones.

The kids had a good time with grandma and grandpa and were even happy to see us when we got home. A mighty feat as well!

I know.....as if this good news isn't enough....it just keeps getting better.

Rob had a job interview in Moses Lake this morning. He thought it went well. On his way home he got a call from "THE BIG COMPANY" (I can't remember their names) from the job fair. They want to interview him tomorrow! YEAY!

It does throw a slight kink into our previous plans. You see.....we are leaving to go visit my family tomorrow. So.....after a slight detour to Richland we will be on our way to Utah.

HIP HIP HOORAY!

11 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

YAY! Good luck!

I'm glad you guys had fun spending the weekend (alone) together! I love that you went to church in your jeans! LOL You should have gone to Goodwill and gotten like some 'old-lady' dress! LOL

The Wright Stuff said...

Have fun in Utah!

Valerie said...

You totally could have gotten another 'Respect' dress.

That's such great news about the interview! When do you get back from Utah?

Natalie J said...

Where is Richland and when will you get here, if not tomorrow?

Kristin said...

Well i am glad you had a good time!! The one lpus of not having a job is that you don't have to worry about getting time off to go on trips! :)

Jared is asleep but he is going to die when i tell him that moses lake is in the picture!! That is were he grew up he thinks it is the most wonderful place on earth, i think he is crazy! crazy i a good way i guess it is really pretty etc have a fun week.

Candle Ends said...

Lookin forward to you guys coming. It'll be fun!

Camille English said...

Congrats! on the weekend away and the job interviews! I'm always thinking of you guys and hoping for a job, I can't imagine having to live with in-laws.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Hey, if you are on your way to Utah, we all need to go out to dinner or something. Or just meet up and hang out. It's been a while since I have seen you. Hope all goes well for ROB with the interview.

Katie and Brandon said...

Good News!!! I really hope it all works out for you guys! Hang in there.

Celeste said...

Thats good news! I'm glad you had fun. I look forward to a trip like that someday. Hey let me know if you have free time while your here. I'll pop up and meet you somewhere!

Sheena said...

YEA!!!