Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Poor Gabe!

Poor Gabe.....the kid NEVER get's enough sleep..........

and usually Cael is to blame for it.

Cael is our "wired" child. He gets up early (like 5:45AM-6:15Am) and has a REALLY hard time winding down at night, too. Lucky for him, he get a nap in the middle of the day.

Gabe, on the other hand, is not so fortunate. He has afternoon kindergarten. Not good.

At night, Cael can often be found crawling into Gabe's bed (trying to sleep with him), or trying to shake him awake if he has fallen asleep too quickly. In the morning, as soon as Cael wakes up, he yells Gabe's name until he accomplishes his goal of waking him.

Gabe's like a walking zombie most of the time and is always complaining of being tired at 10:00-10:30 in the morning ("Mom....I'm tired, I don't want to go to school").

So....where is this all headed.

The other night I went in to check on the boys before I went to bed.

After re-tucking Cael in, I moved up to Gabe's bed.

I looked at him for a minute (savoring the sweetness of a SLEEPING child) and lifted my finger to stroked his cheek.

The second I touched his skin he stirred and I heard the softest mumble escape his lips.....

He said,"Get out of my bed."

NO DOUBT in my mind he thought I was Cael.

It was hillarious.

I had to hold back my laughter.

Even in his sleep he is tormented by his brother.

Poor kid!

Any ideas.....other than putting them in seperate rooms?

7 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

Poor Gabe!!! That is so sad! But oh so funny! I can kind of relate to Cael for getting mad at Gabe for falling asleep too fast! I always get mad at Rob when he falls asleep the minute his head hits his pillow! LOL

My advice? Hmmm... maybe ask the Super Nanny ;)

Natalie J said...

You could always try putting Cael to bed before Gabe, so that he is asleep when Gabe goes to bed. Or you could cut out Cael's nap. I know that it ends up being complete torture for Mom. I don't give Xander a nap anymore, because he was having a hard time winding down and going to bed ontime. We would put him in bed at 8:30 and he would keep getting out until close to 10. So now he doesn't have a nap in the afternoon. He has rest time on the couch and sometimes falls asleep, but it is not very long if he does. Now, without a nap, Xander goes to sleep at 8:30. Good luck. Poor Gabe!

Brittany said...

lol...Poor Gabe can't get the sleep he requires to function during the day. Poor Cael just wants to play with his big brother!

My advice? Threats!

Lacy said...

That is to funny about Gabe because i have one that yells all night long Tom don't hit me. I feel bad for her because she is very loving. good luck

FarrEver Family said...

Tell Gabe to go freak nasty on him! I dreamt of having a sister, but maybe I was the better for not having one...a better sleeper anyway.
Who gets up with Cael so early in the morning. Man I would die!

Candle Ends said...

How about a roll of duct tape.

Sheena said...

uh, duct tape and rope, er, chains??
I'm sure it would work. Also, they'd lock you up where you could always get enough sleep and never have to worry about pee in rubbermaid totes again.