And...oh boy, it looks like a tornado!
Life is about to take on another great change! We're excited....we're nervous...we're just plain scared. But....ready or not, here it comes!
We have been preparing for "The Big Event" with a few minor changes around the house.
Gabe got a brand new bed...Cael got new sheets (random, I know) and Isaac inherited a "big boy bed." We wondered how Isaac would receive his new found freedom and, just like moving him in with Gabe, have been pleasantly surprised by how well he has adjusted.
I went in to check on him the other night and found him like this, with his face smashed up against the bed frame. This is a long standing, very long standing, habit for him. Since he was a month or so old, he would wiggle up to the corner of the pack n' play that he slept in and smash his face up against it as well. He has awaken several mornings with crib bar marks on his face. Old habits die hard. I guess my hip bones must have been super comforting to the little guy.
Cael took a crack at Gabe's bike this week. We lowered the seat and put the training wheels back on. He did a fantastic job and was really proud of himself. We are going to go out this week and get him one of his own. The poor kid hardly gets anything new so we are very happy to be able to do this for him.
Next week Rob and the two oldest are going out of town for a wedding. Isaac and I are going to go " all nest-y crazy!" I plan on washing all the baby clothes/blankets/etc., fixing up the corner of Cael's room that will be his "nursery" (even if he wont be sleeping in it for a short while...although the "in-room service" time gets shorter and shorter with each kid), cleaning like crazy and hanging out with my "baby" who will not be my "baby" for much longer.
tick tock, tick tock....33 days and counting.
11 comments:
So sweet. I love it. I hope everything goes really well. I am sure that it will. Good luck nesting and cleaning and all that good stuff. :)
That is really cute that you are taking some 1-on-1 time with him before baby comes. It is important for them to know they are still important to you! Love you!
I hate when I misspell. I meant Isaac! I need to type slower!
I love the nesting part! It feels so good. That will be fun to be alone with Issac for the weekend. I'm the same as you. Each baby stayed in my room for less time. I can't believe it's only 33 days! Your almost there!
Yeah for getting life organized! (Enjoy the calm before the storm :)
Well, you're already outnumbered, so how much worse can it be (this coming from the woman who doesn't have children, if you're wondering how I could possibly ask such a stupid question)? Anyway, can't wait to meet #4. Hang in there! I love you guys.
Hope your last month goes well! I'm excited for you and your family!
are you serious, only 33 days left? good luck with the nesting :)
You've been on my mind, Miss Mel! I can't believe your time is almost up...that's crazy! Just think....by the end of the year, or early next, we'll have a whole new crop :)
I miss you...can't find your phone number....I can call mom, ......
Love ya!
i must say, your pregnant belly looks pretty much amazing. so excited for you!
The nesting is marvelous yet torture. No matter how many nauseating hours I spend cleaning before a baby comes it never seems to be clean enough for the newborn. I feel every germ inside the house will infest my baby! I can almost envision it. My poor husband has to deal with my terrible mood and cleaning until the second we leave for the hospital!
Post a Comment