We had an interesting thing happen this week. Really interesting.
Rob has been interviewing with a company in Irvine, California. He flew to Cali last Monday to interview with 4 people and had a phone interview on Friday with an office manager that was out of town on Monday. They said to wait and we would hear back from them this week. So.....we waited.....
Monday night Rob received an e-mail that basically said "nice try---we'll keep your resume on file." You know those ones.......the very general and impersonal ones. We were both a little irked at that because it was SOOOOO impersonal. He wasn't just some yahoo that had shown a little interest in their company. He had already had three interviews with them and had met SEVERAL of their HEAD HONCHOS. The least they could have done is called, RIGHT?
So....needless to say, despite our nervousness about moving to southern California, we both were a little downhearted at this news. Rob thought he nailed his interviews and was fairly confident he would/could get the job. We just want to be done with this whole "unemployment" issue as well.
Total BUMMER! So....in an attempt to make ourselves feel better we spent some time listing all of the reasons why it was good that he didn't get the job. It did help....a little.
But...............this morning the phone rings......it's for Rob.
It's #2 Head Honcho from Said Company......
They wanted to apologize for sending the e-mail to him. Fact is.........it was sent to the WRONG person. That e-mail was never intended for Rob. Rob is still very much in the running for the job. In fact, the front runner at this point (they have already turned down two others).
#2 Honcho guys said that they REALLY liked Rob ("were very impressed with him"), think he interviewed REALLY well, and that he would be a great fit for their company. They have two more people to interview and they will let him know........ by next Friday................ via PHONE CALL either way.
Rob was beaming when he told me! In fact, he still is. He was so discouraged and had spent the last few days wondering how he'd screwed up (like I said before.....he thought he did an awesome job). It's was great for him to receive confirmation from "HEAD HONCHO Dude" that he did, in fact, blow them away with his mad interviewing skills.
Whether or not he actually get's the job (remember.......it's really all in the Lord's hands) he now has been given a huge boost of confidence ("They like me......they really like me").
Despite all our fears/worries that are associated with moving to Southern California, we know that if this is "meant to be" everything will work out and we will be alright.
Sometimes having faith is really hard............but sometimes it is the ONLY things that keeps us going.
10 comments:
I wish you guys well. I loved what you said about FAITH. That is something that i struggled with when i could have kids. I have very much learned it but i he puts us thru things that we need to be tested on.
Good luck and keep us posted. I wish I could say my company would hire him but the world is crazy. At once we were going to open an accounting job but then we had to let a few people go.
GOOD LUCK!!
I am so glad he is still in the running and knows they like him. Like you said, even if he doesn't get it, at least he knows that he did a good job and they liked him! Good luck!
What an emotional seesaw! Tell Rob good job. I hope he does get it. Southern Cal is closer than Spokane and you will have warm weather. I am just trying to look on the bright side. Love ya!
You are too cool for the awesome attitude about moving to new places so much! I would be scared out of my mind. But you're right-the Lord will put you where he needs you. Good Luck with the job venture
Wow this is such a roller coaster! For us too, Philip's dad doesn't say much (you know try to keep business separate!) so we never know but we are super glad things have gone well so far! Even though I REALLY REALLY don't want you to move away it would be a great oppurtunity! Let us know when you hear anything!
Woo hoo, congrats, how exciting for you guys!!
In the immortal words of Lou Costello..."WHY! DON'T! YOU! MAKE! UP! YOUR! MIND!"
In all reality, I hope you get the job. It may be in S. CA, but its a job and a start of career.
What a positive way to handle the rejection! And then to not be rejected! Awesome. At least Rob's confidence can be justified. There is nothing like thinking you did your best only to be shot down in an impersonal and thoughtless email.
yeah! that's good news. i'll come stay with you guys and we'll go to Disneyland... that's a huge positive to add to the list!
Good Luck!
I hope that everything goes well. They need a few...I mean a LOT more conservatives in the area. Good luck! Chuck-e-cheese here you come! :D
Post a Comment