What fun and rapture it was..........after it was over!
Believe it or not...........I was really nervous. (Me! Me! I know. I don't understand it myself.......I do stand in front of a whole room of people and "perform" for a living, don't I?)
Last year I participated in a group of four. We did a Beach Boys song and because I was one of four and merely back-up, I didn't care so much. We ALL looked and acted like idiots.
This year I decided if I was going to do it, I was going to do something a little more "me". Something I could REALLY get into and enjoy. So.....after hours of contemplation (seriously) I chose RESPECT by Aretha Franklin (which, ironically was actually my FIRST choice).
What, you didn't know I was a DIVA in a different life?
I found a wig (a nice, NEW, afro-y one) at a local store, and an awesome dress at Goodwill. The dress was only 3 sizes to big but using my super awesome sewing skills (cough, cough...sorry something stuck in my throat) I was able to hack away at it until it looked like a dress instead of a mumu. So....other than not actually being black (in fact quite pasty and freckly) I totally looked the part! I had a great back up singer too. Thanks Val.
The kids loved it. Gabe thought I was "AWESOME" and kept yelling "GO MOM!" What a sweet and encouraging child he is.
I'm going to try to get a copy of the performance and post it.......until then you will just have to enjoy a few dark, and completely out of focus pictures.
(Me......black wig, green dress)
Super Sassy......check out that hip action!
Yowsers! Check me out!
Yeah......I know. I DO have super buff arms (and very proud of them....obviously)! I'm an aerobics teacher......it's in the job description!
Now I know you are more excited than ever to actually see the whole thing. I don't blame you. I would like to see it as well.
I want my children to have memories (or actual hard evidence) of their mother laughing and smiling and having a good time. These times are rare.
So.....I guess I must have done it for posterity's sake......yeah, that's it!
I want my children to have memories (or actual hard evidence) of their mother laughing and smiling and having a good time. These times are rare.
So.....I guess I must have done it for posterity's sake......yeah, that's it!
5 comments:
Ah Melanie...How I wished I couldv'e seen it. I bet it was hilarious!!! Great song by the way. And please post the video if you can, I could use some good entertainment! And for your info. I had "OCD" when I was making Brett's cake. So you should be safe :)!
Man, too bad we missed it. I'm sure you were amazing!
I can't wait to see the video!!!! And yes, your guns are awesome!
I can't wait to see the performance!
And I wish my arms looked like that. I would be proud of them if they did!
Wish I could have been there!! You are so much braver that I am. Can't wait to see the video.
Post a Comment