Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

O Ye Perceptive One!

Today, while sitting down to eat lunch, Gabe asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I replied that I was grown up and I am a mom. To this he replied, "No Mom, what do you WANT to be when you grow up." (Emphasizing the WANT). I was a little shocked and very amused. Could he read my mind? Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my children and I am learning to actually ENJOY them sometimes but in all honesty, I never dreamed of being a mother. I just knew that I would be some day (So, you ask, why did we get pregnant with Gabe so quickly? Who knows.......anyway). How brilliantly perceptive of him, I thought. So after having a good chuckle (inside of course, I didn't want him to know just how right he was), I answered him. "Someday I hope to get my degree in Health and Fitness and be a physical therapist, a personal trainer or just an aerobics instructor....anything to keep me in shape and healthy." He didn't really understand what that meant but seemed satisfied when I told him I wanted to exercise for the rest of my life.

Funny.....Funny.....I am still laughing about it (again, inside, but for a different reason.....the children are napping.......I wouldn't want to wake them up and have to "enjoy" them for a extra hour of the day.)

Ode to my fellow mothers. I would like to give you a high five for your hard work and dedication. Keep up the hustle....it is bound to pay off some day.

1 comment:

KarliSue said...

Hey Mel,
here is my blog address
bethankfulalways.blogspot.com
I miss you so much and would love to catch up sometime soon!! Hope everything is going well!!
Love,
Karli