
Rob and I have now been married for six years (May 10th) . Wow......I mean, WOW. There are times when it seems like it has gone really fast (like when we watch our wedding video, which we do every year, and realize how much hair Rob used to have and how much I used to smile and laugh), other times it seems to have gone by really slowly (like when we try to imagine how many years it will be before all of our children are out of the house and it will just be the two of us again).
I have been in kind of a "postpartum-I-hate-the-world-just-get-me-through-the-day-and-hope-I-don't-hurt-anyone" phase and have not been very fun to be around for the last 9 months....make that 18 months. Do you want to know how I came to this knowledge? I came out of it. I came out of the "pit of despair" without realizing just how far I had fallen into it. What a joy it is to be out of it and ENJOYING life again. In the midst of this new found "light" I have come to realized just how truly, madly, and deeply (thank you Savage Garden for hitting it on the nail) I love my husband.
Rob, I love you. I love you more today than I did the first time I touched your elbow in Spanish class (and that's saying a lot....I knew I would marry you even back then...ask my roommates). You are the most wonderful and supportive husband a girl could ever ask for. You are perfect for me (my mother knew you would be..... Since the day you took me out on my parents front porch to have a "good" cry because my wedding dress was getting a little snug (a week before the wedding). You just put your arm around me and let me cry, telling me that I was beautiful and everything would be okay and..........it was. You are always my sanity in times of "crazy" (which is more often than I care to admit). No one else would be up to the challenge and yet you are always there and always prepared for more. You are my best friend and the only person who knows me for who I really am and loves me in spite of it.
Here's to another six......sixty........six hundred years........oh, actually eternity. That's right, you are mine for eternity. Well.............Here's to eternity. I look forward to it with you by my side and in my heart.
I LOVE YOU! HAPPY 6 YEARS ROB!
6 comments:
So sweet...I'm glad you wrote that Mel. I'm glad to know that you are still so in love with Rob. That is awesome! Congrats on 6 whole years! Love you, Jenn
Aawwwwwww!
Mel,
Congrats on 6 yrs. You were so nice to call me on my anniversary, and I completely spaced yours. I am sorry. Rob is the perfect one for you and we have always loved him...and you. Happy 6 yrs.
I was Melanie's roommate (one of them) when Melanie and Rob got together. I remember (it's one of my favorite memories) the day after they kissed for the first time. Melanie had a "Shrine de Rob" in her room which included his football jersey (it was smelly and dirty - I don't think he knew she had it.) and she a towel tied around her neck like a cape and was super Melanie and was running around and jumping on the furniture. I have a picture of her in front of our complex looking like she is trying to fly with her cape still tied on. She was in her pajamas. I'm am almost crying now because the memory is so so so funny! I love ya' Mel! I miss you!
Good one Mel. You made me cry! I am so proud of you two! Keep it up!
That is so stinkin cute! I am soooo glad my brother married you, you are amazing. Love you guys!
Post a Comment