Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Are you sure they all have the same daddy?


"Are you sure they all have the same daddy?" You would not believe how often I hear those words. I know......it sounds funny right? (but what is not funny is that where we live, our oh so ghetto apartment, that is not all that uncommon......sad, I know.)

It is true to say that each of our children are so very different in their looks. Here's the run down. Gabe has blond hair, green eyes and a yellowish skin tone (that produces a nice golden tan in the summer). Cael......like his mommy, has red hair, blue eyes and the pale-est, red-est skin tone ever (that produces no such tan in the summer). Isaac has dark brown hair, creamy brown eyes and olive, olive skin (we have yet to see what will happen in the summer but I can already say that if he were not my offspring....I would envy and covet and might actually dislike him for it).

So....you are going to have to judge for yourself. (If I had a picture of our former mailman I would post it for comparison....but sadly, I don't).

On another note.......putting these three in the bathtub together was quite a wild adventure. One that I may not repeat for quite some time, if ever (I just wanted to save time and hot water. Thanks goes to my father for teaching me to be so frugally minded).

Gabe and Cael could not control themselves (yeah right) and were splashing me to the point of sopping-wettedness (do you like my made up word). Isaac, who is just now sitting up on his own, has not quite mastered the skill of the slippery bath tub and was sliding all over the place. The fact that he was trying to grab anything he could reach (which included toys, wash rags, and yes....the older boys "little boy parts") didn't help that fact. Gabe and Cael thought all of this was a riot and...........you guessed it, splashed some more. So.....all in all, for the sake of a little extra time and money (and a really cute picture), I ended up with an extra bath myself, a lake on the floor, and a hoarse voice from all the yelling. Not fun......not fun at all.

9 comments:

Andrew Harding said...

Oh mel, that is just hilarious. I was reading this at work and it was a good thing my office-mate wasn't in yet, cause I couldn't contain my chuckling.

That's really funny that people have the nerve to ask you such a question. I guess there's no limit to boldness.

Well even if they were from different dadies, at least they are all handsome boys.

And tell Isaac to keep his hands to himself :)...

Natalie J said...

They are so cute! I have a hard time giving 2 a bath...not going to try 3. Glad you can make lemonade out of lemons when you need (dancing). Maybe I should start! Love Ya!

Andrew Harding said...

By the way, it's Andrew your brother... i couldn't get my other gmail account to post correctly.

the Hansens said...

Hey Mel. your boys are growing so fast! They are adorable!!! I could read your blogs all day. You are so funny!! love ya tons! Steph

DancingPrincessDesigns said...

alanna walked up and said, "that one is Cael, who are the other two?" duh. So cute....I totally know the danger of high occupancy baths. All the kids that can even pretend to do it for themselves have a time slot, and I usually double up gabby and samm. It's a mess. I've been inspired and I'm going to have to break out the bob marley...really miss ya.

Larissa said...

so much fun! you are brave to do a triple bath, I sometimes struggle with just two. they do all look a little different, but I think that you can still tell they are brothers...people are lame! Hey it could be like my boys and people think they are twins that are different heights and weights! Anywhoo, you are a funny girl. Love ya.

The Bailey's said...

So funny, they are just hilarious. I can't believe how big they are all getting.

Isabel loves the music/dancing thing too. It is hilarious to watch her groove the second she hears a beat. It must be the SC stomp blood that she got from me:)

Side note- have you seen that movie preview about the surrogate mom. The part where she is bouncing on the birthing ball and gives a shout out totally reminds me of you. I just start busting up every time I see it, thinking of you and all your randomness.
Love you guys!

Jason & Kelli West said...

Hey Melanie,
I was so excited to see a post from you! I have never seen your hair so long, and I think it looks freakin awesome!! I mean, you look freakin awesome with short hair too!! It is something about guys and girls with long hair. I don't understand. Your boys are so big now! I cna't believe how much they have grown!! Seriously I think that there is more than one milk man involved in your life! Lol..talk to ya later!

Celeste said...

It is fun to see how different your boys are. Mine also all have different eye and hair colors. The skins almost all the same though. Most people say they all look just like Jeremy. But I see how different they are. I think Summer and Logan are a little like me. I think it will be fun to see (someday)how another variation will turn out. And what if you have a girl? Interesting! They are adorable! (I see a little, or a lot of Rob in each of them!)