Then you know how tempting it is throw the whole thing out. Or my usual...."Is there anything in there I need to see?" Gabe always answers with a bored, "No" and, just the opposite, Cael seems to think it ALL is worth saving. Forever. (now that is another story).
So glad I didn't.....
There were some goodies hidden in the stack this year.
A short paragraph as part of Gabe's "Autobiography" titled "My Fabulous Family",
"My family is a weird one. My brother Cael likes to get out of work by saying, 'I need to use the bathroom'. I am the biggest one-upper ever. My brother Isaac collects everything. My brother Kian breaks his toys (sometimes). My mom is a neat freak, but my dad is normal."Silly, but refreshingly truthful.
And from Cael's writing assignment "The Best Day Ever",
My three cousins from Utah came to visit in April. I was excited that they came. My cousins X and A and I played Mario Brothers. We didn't play the video game. We pretended play. I was Mario. X was Luigi. A was Bouser and Toad. We had lots of fun. They left after one week. I was sad. This summer I get to see them for 3 1/2 weeks. by Cael G
Such sweet sweet love. He really does LOVE LOVE LOVE his cousins. Especially X (born 3 weeks apart)
I find myself with extreme mixed feeling about school ending. I am ready for them to be home for the next few months but am not all that excited about them being home for the next few months.
Such is the life of a mother with school age children. Sigh...

4 comments:
My pile is 2 years going strong. HAHAHA.
Treasure time with your boys while they still want you around! So you're a "neat freak", eh? Do you give lessons? I could use some!
So fun -- we do love that the boys love their cousins. That's been the impetus for all the madness for all these years. I'm impressed that you have gone through the papers! Give the boys a hug -- and even though we know hubby isn't really "normal" it's nice that he has someone fooled!
I LOVE Cael's paper. I am going to show X and A in the morning. My boys have actually been counting down until you guys come, which is now later. A actually started crying when I told him it would be a couple weeks later...he was so tired that afternoon, it just set him off. So fun that they love each other. I wish I lived closer to you. LOVE Washington!
Post a Comment