Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

15 weeks...15 pounds

15 weeks...15 pounds. 

Never before have I gained this much weight this early on in pregnancy.  Of course, I've never had a pregnancy where I was forced to eat every 1.5-2 hours, without fail, in order to keep from experiencing severe nausea for the entire first trimester.  I really started hating food and the fact that I had to eat it there for a while. 

Good news, however.  All that is behind me and I'm once again experiencing a desire to eat food and in a far more moderate manner (besides the Cheetos yesterday).  I've only gained 1 lb in the last 2 weeks so perhaps it really is slowing down like I hoped it would.

In the beginning I also had zero drive to exercise.  That was a newbie for me too.  Perhaps it's a VERY good thing I taught aerobics 3 times a week to keep me somewhat accountable.  Now I'm only teaching 2 days a week but am feeling a little more motivated to keep things going.  I went for a walk/jog Wednesday morning pushing around 130+ in a jog stroller.  It felt SO good.  I'll have to do that more often, sans the extra weight if possible.

I had to laugh hard last week when I opened up my "14 week" Baby Center e-mail and read this: 
"The top of your uterus is a bit above your pubic bone, which may be enough to push your tummy out a tad."
A "TAD"!

Baby #5--15 weeks

 HARDLY!!  He he he...

Rob and I have been throwing around some names.  Funny....only little girly ones, though.  We are both secretly...okay, not so secretly...hoping this little one is a girl.  Though, without a doubt, we will be very happy no matter the outcome.  After all, we know boys.  We can do boys.  A girl would be a whole new (exciting yet scary) territory for us.  But....one can hope until proven otherwise, right?
 
We are pretty set on "Ruth" for a middle name.  That one's been decided for about 10 years now.  Both of us have grandmothers by that name, it's my mother's middle name, his aunts name, his sister's middle name....you get the idea.

As far as first names go, here are a few that have not been downright vetoed by one or both parties.  However our like/love of them is decidedly varied at any given time of day:

Aberlee or Aberly or Aberley (after my favorite gymnast of all time Annabeth Eberle)
Leora  (my paternal grandmother)
Elenor (Elly or Ella or Nora)
Leona
Cora
Katie
Maja (Swedish spelling for Maya)
Millie

Not that we actually pick a name, for sure, until the baby is here and we get a good look at them, but it's nice to go in with some ideas.

The boys have chipped in on the naming game as well. 

Here's Cael's contribution:
A list he compiled at school with the help of his friends/classmates.
 Isaac's contribution:  Liam for a boy and Liama for a girl (I visit teach a girl who has a 1 year old named Liam and my boys LOVE HIM to death!)

Gabe has said:  Josh for a boy

Kian says:  "Baby in yours tummy?  Can I go in your tummy?"  or "Can I go in there?", as he lifts up my shirt.  P.S.  He's convinced it's a boy.


So that is it.  What do you think?

Time for your input.  Any ideas?

P.S.  Keep in mind we have a pattern (although not on purpose).  It goes
Gabriel-Hebrew,
Cael-Gaelic,
Isaac-Hebrew,
Kian-Gaelic,
So we figure Ruth is Hebrew and we could come up with a Gaelic/Celtic/Welsh/Scottish (you get the idea) first name.  Thus fulfilling the pattern.

Ready.....GO!  Let's see what you can come up with.
 signature 

Belly comparison:
Ha ha....same shirt and all....

#4 16 weeks

#5 15 weeks

15 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

"Josh if it's a boy." :) Love that Gabe kid!

I vote for Lisa if it's a girl. Of course.

James and Audra said...

So the Celtic names I like are Bonnie, Ainsley, Honor, and Fiona. Good luck. I hope it's a girl. And I gained Aton with my fifth for some reason. Hoping my sixth isn't so bad someday!

Messy Musings said...

Challenge accepted! Considering that I have no clue about Gaelic names... cheated and consulted the internet. here's some girly names (taken from: http://www.ourbabynames.co.uk/gaelicgirl.php)

Almha
Bethan
Brenna / Brynna
Crystyn
Hayley (or Hailey)
Inira
Mairi
Regan

If those fail - there's always Lord of the Rings names, which do sound Gaelic (at least to my ear)!!

Arwen or Eowyn

Melanie said...

I thought you'd like that Lisa. And, as much as I LOVE the name Lisa, Rob would NEVER go for it.

I have an aunt Lisa, ROb's brother's wife is named Lisa, you dear friend, another good friend here in Okanogan named Lisa, and my cousin Andrew and my brother Andrew both married Lisa's (although one is spelled Lessa). So, yeah....don't think that would work. :)

Melanie said...

Audra, I like quite a few of your Celtic names. Don't be surprised if I steal one. :)

James and Audra said...

Hey take them, I am hoping our last one is a boy anyway;)

Kara said...

Fun post! And....I feel for ya.....that have-to-eat-gain-weight rapidly has been every single pregnancy of mine. All I can say is hopefully you enjoyed some of your forced eating :) haha.

Kara said...

we also go for the site behindthename.com

Lisa said...

I think all those Lisa's are good cause for baby naming! Lisa Ruth Gillespie. Say it with me... nice, eh? ;)

I do really like Elenor, Nora for short, or Ella even. So cute and very feminine. And if you don't use it, it very well could be thrown into our mix... assuming Kyle finds it worthy... and assuming we have a girl.

andrea said...

Your belly is soooo cute.. good luck on the names..

Christy said...

Well, at least you have a really good reason for putting the pounds on. Me, not so much. I'll see and raise you, too. Anyway. I have a real soft spot for Leora. I think it's such a beautiful, old fashioned name. I can always consult the name envelope, though, if you want more ideas (Stilleto, Tanashious, Urdaneta, Gracious, etc.). I've got A LOT of good suggestions!. Love you!

Natalie J said...

I have a soft spot for Leora, too. You could call her Lea for short. All else fails, Christy does have quite the collection.

As for boy names, I have a soft spot for Liam. That was my other choice for B. His name certainly fits him, but I still love Liam and will never have one.

Sheena said...

I love the name Kaitlyn/Caitlyn (hence naming my first girl that). Caitlyn is a Gaelic name - at least on the list I saw so that has my vote! Caitlyn (Cait) Ruth Gillespie. So great!

crth said...

You would be the envy of the whole family if you chose Leora -- Stacy would have used it if Seth had been a girl. So soft and pretty and I can just see her in heaven so excited to have a baby actually called after her (since Alisa Leora goes by Asya). Anyway -- good luck. I still love Maja but it has become quite popular. She won't run into many Leora's!

Valerie said...

if we actually went for another one we would be hoping for a girl and would have named her Keelie...it's Irish (so celtic?) for "princess".