Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hygienically Challenged

You know your hygienically challenged when you say to your husband,

"You don't mind if I go shower, do you?"

and he responds by saying,

"Mel...you know I ALWAYS encourage you to shower."

I admit it...I stink...a lot.

I'm a mother of 4 children.  4 BOYS to be exact.  And showering is not always my #1 priority during that small block of time during the day when they are completely zombie-d out (aka attached to the computer or TV screen).

Most of the time I reserve that for my workout.

And...if I DO attempt to do it any other time of the day, I run the risk of A. the house burning down  B.  the boys beating each other up C.  food pulled out of every crevice in the house, in which it's either consumed in its entirety or thrown all over the floor  or D. all of the above.

It really is a deterrent.

But in my defense...I usually give people fair warning when they come near me.

P.S.
If you are one of those moms that wakes up every morning, showers, and gets ready for the day (instead of hanging out in your stinky workout clothes), always looking put together and cute AND you can still manage to maintain a healthy weight without ever reserving time to exercise your body...I hate you.  I really do.  :)
signature Just one easy click! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

I'm so glad you don't hate me! I'm also a "Lucky to get a shower in" kinda mom. That must be why we are such good friends!

Sheri said...

I am with you! Yesterday was onto the 2nd day of no shower, topped off with one sweaty run in the HOT weather.........I almost debated just going to bed without showering.......lol! Good thing for Sundays; the one day a week I actually shower AND do my hair AND my makeup all at the same time.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Mel, I am with you on all of this...especially the last sentence. I hate those moms too... :D

Kristen and Alex said...

You hate me? HAHA J/k. I'm not very good at fitting a shower in either. It's difficult and I only have 2 kids. I don't know how you do it with 4. You're awesome!

Goosey said...

Ohhhh I so understand!!!
I generally wait for my hubby to wake up and then pray he stays awake long enough for me to do it and not fret that the house will be torn apart or one of the boys will be when I get out of the shower.