Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Little Princess Ellie Bug @ 9 months

I finally got Eleanor into the doctor for a well child appointment today (she hasn't been seen since 4 months) and decided it was about time I updated the blog too.  Things are definitely busy with 5 kiddos and it being summer and all.  Sigh....

I get asked all the time if Eleanor has any nicknames.  The answer is:  YES!  A lot of them!  To name a few:  Ellie, Ellie-Ru, Bug, Lady Bug, Little Bug, Gus, Princess, Lady, Little Lady, and Sis.  But, mostly we call her Eleanor (except daddy...he seems to like Princess the best).

How time flies.  I can't believe she is 9 months old.  Every time she accomplishes something new I am flabbergasted.  Not because I have never seen it done before (she is our 5th after all) but because I can't believe she is old enough to be doing it, no matter what "it" is.  It kills me.

At 9 months she:
*weighs 19.13 lbs  (50%-ish)
*is 28.75 in tall (90%-ish)
*is crawling and pulling herself up to standing
*eats some solid foods, her favorites being ice cream and popsicles (so naughty, I know)
*has 4 teeth (bottom two front, and top two canines
*says:  a breathy "hi" (while waving her arms), "dada" (semi-associated), and "mama" (no association), among a bunch of other babblings (mostly when she's getting tired), and she still LOVES to growl.  I hope she doesn't grow out of that one for a long time but hopefully before teenage-hood.
*is still a SUPER easy going kid...much to her advantage(and ours)...and rarely RARELY cries.  While she is still somewhat of a somber little thing, she is very quick to smile (even if it still looks like a grandma without her dentures in), and is much easier to coax a laugh out of.
*loves to look at herself in the mirror and, even more so, loves to look at pictures of Jesus.  She has one in her room that she gets very excited about and "talks" to regularly.  She even imitates the word "Jesus", in her adorably lispy way.  There is no doubt in my mind that the veil is still thin and she remembers her loving big brother.



Wearing her handkerchief dress and cowgirl boots at her very first rodeo this past week.
And now for the video visual.  Nothing too exciting.  Just a bunch of Eleanor cuteness...for the grandparents/family, ya know.


 

She is absolutely adored by this entire household of boys....and her mama too.  She is getting SO BIG and looks more and more like her daddy every day.  We just love our little ladybug. 
 signature

3 comments:

Kara said...

So cute! And that hair!

Natalie J said...

Such a cutie, that Ellie Rue!!
Love her!

Christy said...

Oh, I miss her! She's so cute, and I LOVE that growl! Thanks for posting videos!