Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Adventures in Frugalness Take 2

You didn't think I forgot did you?  I told you I would be making a yummy peach pie with peaches from my  last adventure in frugalness.  And I did.  It's just taken me a long time to post about it.  Mostly because the pictures are now being taken from my phone (still not used to that) and secondly because it has been a rough week and I just didn't feel like it.

But...without further ado...here she is.

 Nope...the pics not great...but then I'm not a photographer...and I have never really been one for presentation (which I did NOT learn from my mother---she makes everything pretty).

But I can assure you, it was to die for.  I even made the crust myself (which almost didn't happen because of my September 11th/coming-off-anti-depressants mood swings on Sunday).  Luckily I pulled myself together because...well...I didn't have a boxed crust in the fridge to supplement with (you know, the whole frugal thing).

I got the pie recipe here
and
the crust recipe here

As much as I'd like to lie...I'm not gonna'.  We ate that sucker in 2 days (as in Sunday and Monday)...and by "we", I mean Rob, G-McBabe and I.  The other boys didn't like it.  Isn't that sickening...in a really yummy way?
 

signature Just one easy click! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Oh, that looks good! I'm gonna have to try it! I still have peaches!