Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

A growth discovered....in my abdomen!

About 15 weeks ago my primary care physician discovered a somewhat parasitic growth in my abdomen. It was small...but growing rapidly. She reassured me that these types of growths are rarely fatal and that everything would be fine but suggested I see a parasitic growth specialist to get another opinion. I did just that. The appointment went well. A lot of questions were answered and fears abated. There are no immediate plans for removal but removal and/or passing of the growth is inevitable and should take place in the next 19-20 weeks. It will be rather painful and will take a bit of recovery but I am confident I will bounce back from it in no time. How do I know? Because it has been that way every other time... I have had a baby! SURPRISE! (By the way...we had our BIG ultrasound today...everything (that they could see) looks good. Wanna know the sex? TOO BAD! You only get one secret at a time. Yeah....I am that mean!)

13 comments:

Camille English said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to find out the sex. We're on girl number four, so.....

The Wright Stuff said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for you guys!!! How have you been feeling??? Who's your doctor? I had Dr. Perry when we lived there and I loved him!

Andrea said...

You're so funny and clever :)

Chari said...

Congratulations! I amazed you could keep it quiet for so long, I can never keep my mouth shut when I have news to tell! Hope you are feeling okay!

Stinebaugh Family said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you and I hope it is a girl. That will give me hope I can have a boy on the next one!

the Hansens said...

Congratulations Melanie!!! You had me going there for a second, at first I thought oh maybe she is pregnant and then I kept reading and thought, no, it sounds serious, poor melanie, and then I read the whole thing. You are so funny. The first time I get on the computer to check blogs in a long time and what a great surprise! I am so happy for you! I hope you are feeling good! I will eventually update my blog. I am horrible at it.

Celeste said...

You crazy woman! I am so excited. You've got to be showing now. It is number 4. I started showing at 13 or 14 weeks with Jenna. So, do we have to wait till he or she is born to know what it is? I've waited this long I guess, what's a few more months! I hope you are feeling good.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Melanie!!! Such great news! So creative how you shared the news with us all! I can't wait to find out what you guys are having. Girl perhaps? I am excited for you guys! I hope all is going well so far! good luck.... oh and yes it is cruel to make us wait to fing out the sex!

Michelle said...

Haha! I love this post! Congrats Melanie!

I can't wait to find out the gender!

FarrEver Family said...

You seriously are MEAN! But I am totally crossing my fingers for you.
I'll be here at 5 am if ever you need me, but only by phone. Love ya mel.
Can't wait to hear what the little nudger is!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Congrats!!!

Whitney said...

yeah! congrats!!! pretty sneaky announcement, but I saw through it...that's how I told my track girls I was pregnant... so funny, they didn't get it at all! hope you are feeling ok!

Nyree said...

what a butt! But I agree.. it's fun to tease for a while! But being on the other end of it stinks... don't keep us waiting too long though! Congrats!