Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

"....You'll blow up.....like my aunt Roberta"

Okay, so now that I have deleted my "fitness" blog.....you, the readers of my family blog, may have to suffer through a bit of food/weight/exercise talk every once and a while.

On that note......I must say that this last week has not been a good one for me........NOT AT ALL.

A battle with "self control" was fought and food came out the victor.

It all started last Saturday at our ward Christmas party......

Not only did I eat WAY too much food but I ate EVEN MORE desert.....then I came home and wanted something sweet to top it off.......what the heck!

Sunday night Rob and I made a 9x13 pan of brownies AFTER the kids went to bed. That is ALWAYS a recipe for disaster.........let's just say that there weren't that many left the next morning when the kids woke up.

Monday......FHE.....more brownies, marshmallows (which were for our game) and a sweet friend brought over a WHOLE plate of cookies.....which unfortunately were consumed far too quickly.

Tuesday we celebrated Rob's graduation at home.....and, I made him a cake....because he wanted one. That, as well, was GONE by Wednesday NIGHT!

Wednesday we drank hot chocolate to our hearts content along with the cake.

Thursday we made gingerbread houses with LOTS of candy.......more hot chocolate.

Friday, someone else delivered Christmas goodies which were really yummy. Rob and I went to Outback Steak house with his family....again, to celebrate graduation, they ordered appetizers and by the time our dinners arrived I had already consumed more calories that a person should have in one day. Yet........Rob and I still came home, after stuffing ourselves, and managed to eat a whole bowl of popcorn and MORE candy while we watched a movie

Today......alas, I started Christmas goody baking........that says enough.

I feel like I have completely lost it.

I don't remember the last time I have eaten this badly for such an extended period of time.

It STINKS!

I still have to endure another two weeks of it........

The only thoughts that console me now are that.........
#1 I do this every year and I haven't put on 100 lbs yet
#2 I still work out 1-2 hours a day
#3 I am starting out a few lbs under my "forever goal weight" so I do have a little wiggle room. Although I kind of like having those few extra pounds gone. It's nice.

So....if you plan on bringing treats by my house this year, know this.........my goal is to take a nibble and drowned the rest (after I beat Rob and the kids away).....it may be my only hope for self-preservation. Don't be offended.............it's just the way it is.

I could always try hypnosis. A girl on the TV last night swore by it.

I WAS TOTALLY CONVINCED! (He he he)

5 comments:

Natalie J said...

So, you stick to the 4 main food groups, like Buddy the Elf...Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corn and Syrup. Do you eat Syrup on your spaghetti too?

Oh, BTW, an awesome new song for your workout is "Human" by The Killers. Awesome!

Angie said...

I totally have weeks like that (minus the 1-2 hour work out though)and I just feel sick by the 4th or 5th night of eating junk.

I'm starting my holiday baking too. I know people don't like to eat a lot of junk, but it's hard to find a homemade treat to give out that is low in calories. If you've got any suggestions let me know.

Good luck with the eating/not eating. :-) I'm sure you'll be fine come January.

Valerie said...

i can't stop eating, and all the snow and the gym being closed (well for one day anyway) isn't helping anything. I baked 6 different kinds of cookies this last week and gave about half of them away to the neighbors.

Um, that still leaves the other half to be consumed. Fortunately Ryan's home from school now and he's eating more of them than I am.

For now...

Fountain Family said...

Ok- so I have been REALLY bad too, and I am sure that you have noticed that I have not made it to your class in the last few weeks---BAD BAD BAD! I am ready for Christmas goodies to be gone, and life to be back to normal! Have a very Merry Christmas, see you soon!

KS Photography said...

Maybe you are prggrs....